- Have you ever visited a house and felt distinctly uncomfortable in it, wanting to run away at the first available instance? And conversely, have you been to houses, which are warm, and inviting, where you just don’t feel like leaving the place? Where you feel like ‘home’?
- Have you felt low in the air, especially, when family members are quarrelling?
- When a child enters your house, have you felt the surge of energy sweeping across the room? And when the child leaves, have you felt as if a story has passed by?
Everybody experiences the feelings mentioned above sometime or the other. How are they caused? Why do you feel that ‘something’ in the air whenever there is some kind of influence in the room – either human or otherwise?
The answer is a word that’s often bandied about, but seldom understood. Energy. Everything and anything that happens to you is a matter of energy movements. Primarily, these movements happen within us, and have a bearing on the energy surrounding us.
Throughout our lifetime, what we invariably do – often without realising it – is energy management. Every action is aimed at three things – Creating or generating energy, preserving it or allowing our body to utilise this energy, and discarding or destroying the excess energy. Now, does Brahma-Vishnu-Shiva sound familiar? In Hinduism, these three Gods represent the three aspects of energy that we employ in our lives.
Our breath determines the quality of the energy in us. Think about it: your breath is the only thing under your control. Nothing else can be controlled. Energy gets created when you breathe in, and gets destroyed when you breathe out. It’s as simple as that.
How is energy connected with your house? Well, the energy that you generate through your breathing, determines the energy in your house. So, if all the members of the family breathe well and correctly, the energy of the house will be good. If there are fights galore, it naturally results in faulty breathing. (Check how fast-paced your breathing becomes when you get angry, and conversely, check how your breathing becomes slower when you are relaxed).
Each breath that you take creates a frequency. It creates waves in the air, which you can’t see, but can feel. When your frequency is in sync with the frequencies of others in your house, you will experience peace and harmony. And remember, it is not just the people in the house who create frequencies. Everything in the house creates a frequency, which depends on how well that particular thing is kept. Things well kept will increase the frequency, and those that are not, become energy guzzlers.
Some Frequency Determinants
- Loose lying clothes bring down the frequency of a house.
- Clutter is a big energy guzzler. Many people have the habit of storing things thinking “they may need it in the future”. They never end up using them, and instead keep contributing to the clutter in the house. Discard items that you don’t need. These hamper energy movements in the house.
- Cobwebs. These trap energy. The cleaner the house, the more the energy.
- A well-kept puja room. The altar or puja room is where the energy of the house is generated. Make sure it is clean and sans any broken or chipped idols.
- Poor colour. The colour of the rooms plays a big role in improving energy. Lighter colours juxtaposed with darker shades is good.
- Cross ventilation. Airy rooms are better in terms of energy.